Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sitting Unpretty

So this is where I'm at...sickish.

My throat has continued to feel sore. Today, I finally went to a doctor (an ENT) and he put me on an antibiotic. That means I can't drink for the next ten days while I am taking it. In the meantime (during the meanwhilst?), I will be hoping to feel better so I can finally go to Vegas. Broken record, I know. But I'd rather not drive 330 miles only to sit in a hotel room feeling like crap or head right back. It would be a mistake to play poker if I was in bad shape.

Right now, I feel just fine so I'm hopeful. Since I'm still here, though, I will probably end up going to see Knocked Up with some friends tommorrow. I might even go to
Howl At The Moon with my sister. That might suck without the benefit of alcohol but its still an option. Of course, the Bike is running its "Mini Series of Poker" right now so there should be some action. That might become the plan for Thursday. I've got to do something.

The Mini Series is a pretty nice idea that they have been doing for at least a few years now. Its runs at the same time as the WSOP and is made up of the same events as the WSOP but with small buy-ins. I won't be looking to play in any of those. The cash games should be sort of fat along side the tourneys.

I've been thinking alot lately about gambling in general, not just poker. The green felt jungle has been drawing me back. I really want to get back to playing more pool. I'm about three balls short of my peak which was three or four years ago at least. I have only been playing, at most, once a week for the last two years with my APA team. While I have lost some shooting touch, I have found my defensive skills conversely improving. My mental game is strong. Its the only thing that has kept me at a high competetive level. Now I see how much better I can be. And while there isn't much action to be found in pool rooms anymore, it would be a nice complement to the poker grind (when I'm all the way in).

For tonight, I'm going to hit the gym for the first time in two weeks. Damn!

SEEYa

3 comments:

Chawwles said...

Whatevaaarrrrr

If you make it out to Vegas by the end of next week, I'll be impressed. You're not fooling me, sir. And you're already supposed to be out there in two weeks anyways thanks to prior plans, so that doesn't count for you "making it out there just to see what's goin on".

Darsky said...

Damn! At the beginning of that comment, I thought you didn't know my schedule and I could get you to lay a small bet against me going there.

Chawwles said...

Yeah what do you think I am, an amateur? If you think you'll ever have an edge over me on a prop bet, you're mistaken sir!!