Thursday, June 14, 2007

As Joe Hachem Would Say

Mothaaa........



It appears forces may be aligning against me. I can't seem to get anything going my way. After writing last night, I realized I had already been awake for 22 hours. Add 4 hours of driving and an immediate session and I would be tired before I even got started. So I decided to get some sleep and start my way to where the action is in daylight hours.

Set my alarm for 10am. Kid texted me at 9:51am. I woke up and went back to sleep until the alarm sounded and I awoke again. As I usually do when I don't have to get up, I went back to sleep. An hour later, I woke and found my throat was soar once again. Disappointed, I thought some more sleep might help....not really...I just had no desire to face the day if it meant I wasn't well enough to travel.


I ended up sleeping on and off until 3pm. My throat still hurts a little and that has me concerned. Its been the same way for a week. I feel fine throughout the day but not-sa-gud after sleeping. Its not that I "feel" sick, its just that I haven't been totally right for a while.

Being 4pm now, I have a few hours to assess the situation. I might get out of here around 8 or 9 o'clock. If not, I might just wait until tomorrow and go the opposite direction heading for Santa Barbara. I haven't been to Chumash in ages and its a hell of a lot shorter drive. Plus I can hang out with Kid Crash while I'm up there. Then I can go to Vegas on Monday as I had planned this week. I already made sure I haven't forgotten plans or a gov't mandate so I won't have anything but health standing in my way (OMG! Kissed!).

What the hell is wrong with me? That's the second time in a week that I have kissed something via this blog. FYI, to "kiss" something is to give it the kiss of death. Its a natural ability that not everybody has. Joe, Lewis, SMC, and I (aka: LSD) all have it. I think its strongest in Joe and me probably because we are the most negative. And for those of you wondering why I would write something if I realize it is a kiss, there's no avoiding it. For the people like me, all it takes is thinking it. That's as good as saying or writing it. Its already out there and nothing can change that. For instance, I was once driving solo from San Diego to L.A. and was cruising along when I thought about the fact that I had not hit any traffic. SCREEEECH. As I sat in traffic the rest of the way, I suddenly thought, "Well at least its not raining." Guess what happened next. Within a couple seconds, the first drop hit my windshield.
Anyway, I'm saying I might be responsible for my current situation.

SEEYa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe... the most negative?