Friday, June 22, 2007

pokito

Over the last three days, I've been playing micro-limit on UB since I'm on the bench right now and had $5 in my account. I have played micro in the past as an exercise in playing tight...tight/smart poker when the amount has no meaning really helps develop patience. This time around, I have been playing in the background while getting other things done on the compy. The results have been good. There still aint much in the account, but its growing.

I have managed to avoid getting bored and raising in early and middle positions with weak hands. I've also stayed away from calling raises out of position or when I would most likely have to hit the flop big to win. So I've avoided trap hands and vulnerable spots and developed a new understanding of small-ball.

In three days I have only been involved in 2 all-in pots where I was behind. In each hand, my opponent disquised his hand well. So I had good reason to move in or call (as the case was). Here are the deets:

Hand 1 --
Limped with 9-9 in middle position. One late and two early callers.
Flop: 8-T-T
Checked to me and I bet out just under the pot amount.
Player behind me calls and others fold.
Now I'm ready to shut down.
Turn: K
I checked and he bet out just under the pot amount.
Now I'm back in because he's not likely to bet like that holding a 10 and I don't expect the K to have helped him.
I raised all-in for about 4x his bet so there is plenty of fold equity.
He calls and I know I need a 9.
River: 9
He shows J-J
I win with three 9's.

player: Nice river LOL.
darsky: You disquised your hand so well. Had me right where you wanted me.
darsky: Its a good thing I know how to luckbox.
player: Please teach me.
darsky: If only I could.
player: LOL. Its cool.


Hand 2 --
Damn! I forgot the details of this hand. But it is pretty similar to the other one. Only major diff is that I checked-called my opponents all-in because it didn't make sense the way the hand played out. He did have an over-pair but I had a pair with an open-ended draw which came for me.
Same kind of chat following the hand in which I let him know that he disguised his hand very well and I'm a luckbox.

Those are the only two hands like that from about 500. I think that's pretty good.

I'm feeling great now but I have to stay on my antibiotics for several days. Went to Howl at the Moon last night and Club Vodka at the Key Club tonight. U-n-bearable! I can't drink while I'm on the Rx but I really needed to to endure the horrible singers at HatM and the always boring Key Club. But I smartly abstained. I'll have to avoid places like that this weekend.

I've stopped trying to make plans for Vegas or poker or anything in general since nothing has been working out. I'm on permanent vacation until further notice (I guess that would be 'indefinite vacation'). As for alcohol, next week, ITS ON. ITS O-O-O-ON!

SEEYa

1 comment:

Brando said...

This sir.... is ridiculous.
There's a funny thing about playing poker full time.. you have to actually play poker full time. lol get off ur ass and get to work! =]