Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Something That I'm Not"

That's just what I'm listening to right now. It's been a while since any music has actually hit me...cut deep. While at work, I'm listening to Megadeth's The System Has Failed and I'm feeling pretty damn good. The most relaxed I've been in several days. I think I'll listen to Youthanasia in the car when I go for lunch.

I remember when Cryptic Writings came out. I was still living in San Diego. I swear I listened to that CD every day for 3 months. Not exclusively, but a lot. Some of the songs and the overall vibe from that album really synced with me. It was a great time. Gigantour 2006 is on the horizon so maybe another great time will follow. I ended up missing G.2005...I don't remember why...I only remember that sucked to have to pass on it with tix in hand. So I will be there this year by hook or by crook. I'm also going to try to go to G.2006.EU if Dave takes it to Ireland.

I've been intending to go to IRE soon anyway. That would be a perfect trip.

For now, I'm still here at work with nothing to do. Like I mentioned, I feel a hell of a lot more relaxed today. That is partly do to some comforting words from friends who believe in me but aren't pushing. That's awesome. One thing that was in the back of my mind was the upcoming August Extravaganza Tournament at Chumash. Its the same longer-format tourney that they run three times during the year but they've raised the buy-in to $500. $350K guaranteed prize pool with, I think, $100K guaranteed for 1st.

The thought of starting off my career as a poker player with a tourney expense is not what I had in mind. I'm going to play it for sure. But, since I've never gone deep in this one, I think of it as $500 in the hole (almost down the drain). I'm completely confident with my abilities and chances to cash and even win the tourney. But let's be honest...with a field of 700 to 800, anything can happen.

At any rate, I've settled into the idea of waiting for my Bullitt to be repaired before making the big jump. During the meanwhilst, I'm going to play cash games at the Bike and Commerce and try to play a couple tournaments. I'm going to start it all off by purchasing my seat for the Chumash event (they have made it available online). I'm hopnig for a decent run in the next two weeks to pad my bankroll and help me feel more secure in my plan, leading toward the final decision.

SEEYa

5 comments:

Chawwles said...

That tourney at the Mash would be a good way to start off your non-9-to-5'er career, wouldn't it? I'll most likely be cheering you on from the sidelines this time around. How long till you get your Stang back?

Darsky said...

I don't expect to have the Bullitt back until the middle of next week, at the earliest. They had to send rims to a place that reconditions chrome and aluminum parts. They are abviously going to be rejected but have to go through the process dictated by the insurance company before buying new parts. So this week is shot with turnaround time on that.

Chawwles said...

Well at least that'll give you more time to appreciate what's about to happen. Just think, you get a whole extra week to deal with your co-workers!

Darsky said...

Damn you.

Anonymous said...

What kind of workplace will not let me read my friends blog for one minute a day on the company dime? This is no way to live!