Monday, July 03, 2006

Aloha, bitches!

I'm back. What's that? You didn't know I was gone? Well that's probably because I didn't write about my vacation before leaving. I spent a week in Maui and did mostly nothing. It was glorious.

Each day I woke up around 10am (I love living without an alarm clock) and started things off with a complimentary breakfast buffet. Then I headed back to my room and let the food settle for about half an hour before going to work out. The resort's fitness center is the best I have ever seen in a hotel. And the lack of other people in the gym made my time in there like a vacation within a vacation. After working out, I lied on the beach or poolside for 1 or 2 hours. Oh, man, am I ever tanned.

It was everything I had hoped for...and less (in this case, less is more). But now I'm back at work. As I expected...still nothing for me to do. And with most people having taken the day off to make for a 4-day weekend (including July 4 tomorrow), I won't be hanging around here for long. This evening, I'll be off to Scott's house to see my godson and watch fireworks.

I've already written more than I had expected since I'm not really in a writing mood. But I intend to resume later and go into detail about my time on Maui. Oh, yeah... I will also be writing about a poker tourney/party for my friend Jeff's 30th. Kid and Joe were there and we played cards 'til the sun came up.

SEEYa

2 comments:

Chawwles said...

Oh yeah we did didn't we. I coulda played for another day and a half, I was so in the zone and just playing on auto by the time the sun came up. Good times, sir!

Anonymous said...

It was glorious! What sort of resort was this?