Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Vegas Tomorrooooooooow. Commerce Tonight.

I’m going to Vegas, baby! It’s been schway too long. I’ll be heading out some time tomorrow for a long weekend. I’m going for a team pool tournament (8-ball) with some friends from my weekly league team. It’s the first time I have been able to field a team for this event so I’m psyched.

Unfortunately, this falls around the last Saturday of the month which means I will not be in town for poker at Paul’s. Damn it! I really enjoy our monthly home game, especially since it has changed to $50 buy-ins and a slightly smaller turn out. It’s a bit less hectic and more intimate, so to speak. Last time out was a hell of alot of fun.

But there is an outside chance that I might come back on Saturday and make it to Paul’s. That’s only likely to happen if my team gets eliminated from the tournament early. Now here lies an internal dilemma. I don’t go into any competition wanting to give any less than my best effort and I’d never root for my team to lose. But I don’t really have anything at stake in this thing and don’t expect my teammates to perform well. They might, but I have no reason to expect it. So I may have to fight off the inner quarrel and maybe not think about poker at Paul’s.

You’d think it wouldn’t be too hard since I will be playing cards in my choice of poker rooms on the strip. So I won’t be starved for action. But its just once a month that we have to get together for a good-natured yet competitive game with friendly faces in a welcoming home. Good times…Good times.

Oh, well. My immediate plan is to just get through today at work. Then I’m going to Commerce tonight to get the gambling weekend started early. I haven’t played live since Chumash about a week and a half ago. So I’m really itchin’ and happy to know that, tonight, I will be in action. Tomorrow, I’ll be on the road with my friend Roman (Ruh-mawn) – he’s driving – and I’ll be in “Whatever happens, I’m along for the ride” mode.

(Is it ironic to introduce a Vegas post with a reference to a movie starring a guy named Zero?)


SEEYa

1 comment:

Chawwles said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH don't do it man!! Alright, well do it if you have to. But just know that Paul's garage will be a lot less laugh-y without you sittin with the scumbags, tellin jokes, draggin the occasional pot.....