Friday, August 04, 2006

The good/bad/good-again news

I haven't been writing about poker for a while because I started to feel like I could be coming off as a fraud. Constantly dwelling on plans to quit my job and play poker full time. It truly was my intention to follow through with everything I wrote about. And now...

The deed is done. I gave notice at work yesterday. In less than two weeks, I will begin a new chapter in my life. First and foremost, this will be an indefinite break from the corporate routine. I have wanted to simply take time off for a long time. Fortunately, I have poker. And I'll find out if my abilities in the game can sustain me financially. So I might be shopping my resume' in 6 months or I might never have to again...or I might find something entirely different that I love to do.

Its a scary and exciting time. Time will tell.

...more to come...

SEEYa

4 comments:

Darsky said...

You said it, pal.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Chawwles said...

I'm sure I've said this before, but let me just say it again. You are the man. I know you're going to prosper playing poker because you have the skill and discipline to do it. Here's wishing you luck to accompany your skill

Chawwles said...

Hey man I'm gonna try to take a few days to New York come the end of september, you wanna go? Where I'll be stayin is only an hour away from Turning Stone. Leave me a comment in my box cuz my phone is broken right now