Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thought Scotch

"...Because I'm allowed to."

I just finished watching City Hall. Excellent. Have you seen it? No? Well, then, come over some time and I'll watch it again with you. Its one of those flicks that makes a glass of good scotch so inviting. On Friday, I rescued a bottle of Macallan Fine Oak 10 from a friend's house. I went for two pours of it through my private viewing of the movie tonight. Good times.

I'm thinking about inviting some friends over this Sunday for a repeat screening. While I'm at it, the invite goes out to any of "my loyal 3." Leave a comment if you'd like to come.

The quote above is from Paul F. Tompkins' Driven to Drink. If you happen across it on HBO, check it out. Its a great one man show. Just the thought of it makes me want to go to the Yard.

Before City Hall, I tried watching Dancing at the Blue Iguana. I couldn't watch the whole thing because, while there are several great actresses putting forth their best renditions of screwed up stripper lives, the first 30 minutes passed without a hint of plot. Channel change.

This afternoon, I went to the local Starbucks to get a now-rare coffee and banana bread and do some reading. I finished reading The Tender Bar yesterday so today I started Hunter S. Thompson's The Rum Diary. One of the few regular workers that I know was there and he gave me a discount for now particular reason. Then the girl who was making my tall mocha caught herself as she accidentally made it with 5 shots and almost served it. I told her that I don't have caffeine much any more and, with that, I would have finished the book I just started. Got a laugh out of her with a different comment that followed.

Got my coffee and bread and was well into chapter two when she (must find out her name even though she is most likely gay), on her way out for a smoke, saw what I was reading and exclaimed, "The Rum Diary. Yeah!" We low-fived and that was that. Afterward, I thought I might have appeared standoffish since I didn't say anything beyond, "Yup." But I think since she read the book, she knows. Its all cool.

As I'm writing this, Blue Iguana is on again but its further along...still no sign of a plot.

Night all. SEEYa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a blog entry! If you see a drunk driver call 9-1-1.