Monday, September 04, 2006

Constant Revelation

I like that for a title. Came up with it on the way home from Commerce just now. You see, I'm still running bad. I think I'm playing well, making good decisions, but the cards are cold and the overall results are dismal. And when things are going like that, you end up in your own head. Always thinking about what you've done and what you should do next. I manage to avoid second guessing myself or playing scared or tilting but I find myself in a state of perpetual analysis. So I am always thinking and unable to just be in the moment. Imagine if you were constantly having revelations. It would mean you're thinking every minute of the day to arive at one and then analyze it until reaching the next one.

I feel like I'm in that space...except without the defining moments of epiphany. It sucks to be there. I am confident in what I'm doing but consistently aware of it. It makes it tough to fall asleep or focus on reading a book. And the hours at the poker tables seem like days.

The results I have been thinking about are the two buy-ins I just dropped in 7 hours of play, two negative days of play at Chumash (small losses), and another dip into two buy-ins at Commerce before that. I just came off a week of not playing so I could focus on getting in better physical shape and wait out a bit of this bad streak. Oh well.

I've got to keep at it because I know things will turn around. I'm very pleased with the way I am handling it both physically and financially. I'm planning on playing quite a bit over the next month as the California State Poker Championship tournament series will be running at Commerce starting this Tuesday. I'll be arriving early to play for cash before the tournaments start at 6pm each day. They are mostly $330 buy-ins so I'll hopefully make that each day before having to pony up. If not, I'll just try to play as many of the tourneys as I can without cutting to far into my shrinking bankroll. While I am running bad in general, I feel confident that I can work around that in some tourney play. A mixture of tight and loose and an occasional bit of luck and I may find my way to a final table or two.

A big thanks to Kid Crash for letting me stay at his place in SB while I was up there to play in the big tourney at Chumash. I also would have been stuck for the trip if not for him. I staked him in the $200 buy-in games on Thurday and Friday nights and took half his action. He played great and turned a profit for us each night. I swear, he's a better poker player than me. I saw it first hand, sitting to his left for close to 16 hours.

Its beddy bye boze time. SEEYa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck in Commerce. When you're stuck in your head just think to yourself... "the brightest light produces the darkest shadow." FYI: Dana Carvey is Friday 9/18 at 8PM.

Darsky said...

Thanks, brother.