Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Oh! And remember…Next Friday is NOT Hawaiian shirt day

It has been quite a while since I’ve written here. Don’t worry, Loyal Three. I’m still here. And I promise to get back in the swing very soon. For now, here is a quickie from work. Upper management sent out the following yesterday…

In the past, I have been pleased to provide employees with the opportunity to have "Casual Jean Fridays" as part of an incentive to reward your hard work and dedication. In doing so, we now find ourselves out of compliance with the current Countrywide 'Dress Code.' In order to keep consistency with all Business Divisions we must discontinue our "Casual Jean Fridays" effective immediately for all campuses. Other Business Divisions and IT groups, including PT, have already taken steps to get back in compliance.

I share in the disappointment and recognize this as being something everyone truly enjoyed and appreciated. Please know that myself and Senior Management will actively explore alternative ways to continue to express our sincere appreciation for your outstanding efforts. In addition, I ask that you continue to submit your creative and practical ideas to your manager, as they are always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your understanding our need to stay in compliance with company policy in this area.


That's what some people get paid six figures to think about. The sad thing is that they actually think it has any effect on work or business either way. I, for one, don’t consider allowing flexibility in the dress code once a week an incentive. I’m a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy but don’t feel better on Friday just because I get to dress like that…even in jeans, I’m still at work.

As for incentive, I’ll be personally instituting “Casual Tuesday” and “Down-right Lazy Wednesday.” I know from experience that nobody really gives a shit.

SEEYa

1 comment:

Chawwles said...

Lawl

I get to wear jeans every day if I want. Not that I really care though....


Hey update your blog more dude, you're killin me