Friday, February 17, 2006

2 Hour Lunch

Welcome to my little piece of the internets. I've been meaning to get this going for a long time. Friends have prodded, "Where's your blog, damn it?" I finally have too much on my mind to hold it back any longer. Its time to let the world share in my pain (or, as my friends do, find humor in my pain).

First order of business: A little background. I grew up in Southern California and still live in L.A. But I'm not saying where. (There's got to be a little mystery, right?) You've heard the saying, "Nobody walks in L.A." Well I've taken that to a different level. I live in a townhome and own three cars. My daily driver is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt (the Bullitt). I still have my first car, a '68 Mustang (the Mustang) that I got when I was 18. And I have a '68 Firebird that I bought about two years ago. The Mustang has been sitting in my mother's garage for a few years as I have been (very) slowly rebuilding it from the ground up. The Firebird has been sitting on the street in front of my place, except for moving it once a week for street cleaning, for ...oh, about two years. I have to admit, that is both funny and sad.

So my new level is something like, "Darsky doesn't drive in L.A.," seeing as I only drive 1/3 of my vehicles.
I had hoped that would be more clever than it is. But I'm leaving it.

I've got plenty more to write about my cars. And there will be plenty of time for that. I'll also occasionally write about my favorite subjects which include Poker, Pool, Drinking, Friends, Family, and people in general who generally piss me off.

I will try to keep it clean(ish) and try not to get too low brow. I think I have a good sense of humor and am are smart. I hope that comes across as I try to provide my perspective of life and the things that disrupt effect it daily. And feel free to let me know what you think along the way.

SEEYa

No comments: